Sunday, April 12, 2015

Visiting day: Favorite themes in A to Z!

The second week of the A to Z Challenge has come to an end, therefore we are about halfway through the alphabet! As I do my visiting rounds today, I wanted to gather a list of some of my favorite themes this year (in no particular order). I have also been tweeting about them, but I thought it would be nice to have a more static  collection.

First off, a shout out to my fabulous Legendary Ladies, the four bloggers who are helping me stay on top of my co-host duties this year!

Mary Garrett, or Storyteller Mary, blogging about Tales out of School.
Mary Garrett, writer and storyteller, tells folk tales, humorous tales and personal stories. She shared stories with her students at Francis Howell North High School and has since told at the Kansas City Storytelling Celebration, Texas, Timpanogos (Utah), O.O.P.S. (Ohio), and NSN (national) conferences, the St. Louis and St. Charles Storytelling Festivals, the Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire, day care centers, parks, scout events, elementary through high schools, and retirement communities.

Lanise Brown, blogging about the Most Beautiful Libraries in the World.
Lanise Brown is a bookworm who dabbles in everything from science fiction to romance, classics, literary, nonfiction, graphic novels, and more. She's a daydreamer, would-be Timekeeper, ebook hoarder, part-time ninja, and an avid lover of all things Steampunk. In her spare time, she likes to write tales of science fiction and romance. 
Twitter @Lanise_BrownFacebook @ https://www.facebook.com/BookReviewsLaniseBrown


Courtney Turner, blogging about Life on Maui
Courtney Turner blogs about life on Maui from a jungalow (jungle bungalow), providing amusing insider perspectives about the reality of living on Maui as opposed to vacationing on Maui so that Maui residents can be more informed and connected.

Corinne Rodrigues, blogging about the A to Z of Self Leadership


***

And now, to some of the themes I have been avidly reading and following this year:

Scottish Folktales, at The Wee White Hoose

Mythological Ramblings, at A Year with the Mad Grad Student

Heidi Dahlsveen's storytelling theme on Understanding Trolls (the Norwegian folklore kind, not the Internet kind)

Minor characters and their stories in Indian epics, on Modhukori

The Little Princess' theme of the many types of love, and tales from India to illustrate all of them

Famous and intriguing personalities from the 16th century on The Art of Not Getting Published (and not just from Europe!)

Sharon Marie Himsl's theme on Famous Inventions by Women

Hannah Givens' theme on LGBT+ superheroes! I am learning a lot from this one! :)

The theme of female monsters and the monstrous feminine on Part Time Monster

The mythology theme on Flaming Sun, presenting a full tale every day, mostly from Indian mythology

Sarah Zama's theme on the Roaring Twenties in America

Alex Hurst's beautiful posts and pictures about life in Japan

Sara C. Snider's theme on tree-related writing prompts for amazing flash fiction

The "Names from the Decameron" theme on Onomastics Outside the Box

Happy visiting, happy posting!

15 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout-out! I've been having such a wonderful time following your two blogs this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ladies of legend, the personality of the great women!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are always some rather interesting themes and ideas in the A to Z. I am pondering making this year my last, but who can tell

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great list. I'll have to check some of these of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great list. I'll have to check some of these of these out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many blogs, so little time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many blogs, so little time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet of you mention me! I am touched Zalka, and happy to have connected to you through this challenge!

    I guess our love for mythology is the same, and I am enjoying reading your epic tales as much as you do reading mine. :)

    Stay blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for the shout out! Looks like there's some great themes on your list. I'll have to scrounge around for some spare time so I can visit them . :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm already following quite a few of the above, but you gave me a couple new one to try :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww~ Thank you so much for the mention! I've been loving your themes. I don't know how long it must have taken you to prepare both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for the mention, and for all your lovely comments on my posts! Now that our Easter holiday is almost over I'm looking forward to catching up with everyone. I'll definitely be checking out all of these links :)

    ReplyDelete