Friday, July 26, 2013

7 reasons we like Spain

Well, reasons I like Spain, anyway. I feel like after my third storytelling trip to the country I am entitled to form a thoroughly subjective opinion.

Thus, without further ado, I like Spain because...

1. Colors. Colors everywhere. Even the country looks colorful from the plane. Little squares of colors and dots and stripes. And people dressed in colors all over. And Desigual. Desigual all over the place. One day I will be rich and actually buy their stuff...

2. Dogs. Dogs everywhere. People who like dogs can't really be bad people, right?... We even met a bobtail. In Salobreña. On the beach. Fashionably shaved.

3. Kids. Kids everywhere. Out on the streets till one in the morning, running around, playing football (that's right, I said football), wearing colorful little dresses. Even the babies are out enjoying the cool air at night.

4. Books. They write great historical novels. I have been reading a few of them and I can't get enough. Best way to learn about history. Yay for literature!

5. Olives. I'm not crazy about seafood, but I love the olives. (I am aware they also exist elsewhere. Dogs do too.)

6. Pomegranates. Mostly in Granada. I have a personal reason to love pomegranates, and that city is covered in them. Pictures to come later.

7. Castles. Castles everywhere. That's all, folks.

1 comment: