Tuesday, February 11, 2014

A to Z Blogging challenge - Theme Reveal Blogfest!

So, the A to Z Blogging Challenge is happening again! Either you have done it before (in which case: High five!), or you have seen me do it the past two years (in which case: Cupcakes!) or if neither, you should definitely think about doing it this year. It's the most fun you will ever have on your blog short of a nest of baby sloths moving in. 
You can sign up to participate if you follow this link
The challenge starts in April as usual, but we already have more than 600 blogs signed up!

There is one question that returns every year before the start of the Challenge: To Theme or Not to Theme?

If you ask for my own completely biased opinion: You should theme, and so will I. Last year, I did Weird Princesses as a theme, and it was the best blogging decision ever.
This year, I am doing a theme again. You want to know what it is?

Well, that is what the Theme Reveal Blogfest is for!

Last year, A to Z participant Mina Lobo started the Theme Reveal Blogfest, and it was a tremendous success. We decided that it should be repeated this year, so that it will become an unofficial tradition of revealing A to Z themes in a festive manner.

I am pleased to announced that we are hosting a Theme Reveal for the 2014 A to Z challenge! And by "we" I mean me together with other fabulous members of #TeamDamyanti, Guilie, Vidya, Samantha (who made us our lovely badge!), and Anna.

The way it works:

Sign up on the Linky list below, and publish a post on the 21st of March talking about your A to Z Theme, telling us what your theme will be, and why it would be interesting for your existing readers and A to Z Participants.

This is a great opportunity for all of you to get a jump start on your A to Z experience. You can link up with fellow bloggers, scout out and bookmark themes that you are interested in, and set out delicious themed bait on your blog to lure in wandering participants! This way, by the time the frenzied posting begins on April 1st, you will already have an audience eagerly awaiting your posts.

Sign up below, ready your theme, and mark March 21st on your calendars!

25 comments:

  1. Love the post, Csenge! "Short of a nest of baby sloths moving in"--LOL :D So proud to be a part of this hop-within-a-hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Csenge, wonderful post! So happy to be traveling on this journey with you! You have a delightful blog and your comment about the nest of baby sloths painted quite a picture! ~~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby sloths? Where?

    Love your post! So excited to be hosting this reveal with you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh fun idea! I just need to think of my theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool voice in this post, Csenge -- well done :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a firm believer in theming the A to Z Challenge. I've been much more successful when I have a theme!

    I look forward to reading as many people's reveals as possible and I need to say upfront, PLEASE LOVE ME even though I am A to Z Blog #666 for 2014.

    I think in my reveal I will also reveal the top 10 reasons you should love bloggers with unfortunate numbers randomly assigned to them. :-)

    HOSTS! Thank you so much for all you have done, are doing and will continue to do for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my theme and I am writing posts. I love the idea of a Hop Within a Hop....

    ReplyDelete
  8. So far, I'm sure have identified 26 candidate themes. Perhaps "Themes" would be a novel theme, if not a theme for a novel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha, maybe you could spend this year coming up with 26 themes for the next 26 years?... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, now all I want is a nest of baby sloths:) Love your banter, girl! This is going to be a FUN-filled challenge!
    Blog: WriterlySam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for pitching in to help promote the A to Z Challenge.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. One suggestion that you might want to consider doing is to add the "Share" widgets to appear at the bottom of your posts so they are easy to send out on Twitter, etc.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous post, Csenge! I feel rebellious about a theme, but this time, since I am participating with two blogs, I WILL theme on one. You are right!

    So happy to be on #TeamDamyanti with you!

    Looking forward to the April fun!

    Love,

    Vidya
    A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal BlogFest – Sign Up Now #atozchallenge #atozreveal

    ReplyDelete
  15. I signed up two of my blogs (hungarykum.blogspot.com is the other) but I am only doing a theme on this one. MopDog is already kind of themed, it's about weird Hungarian things, no need to theme it further :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I signed up two of my blogs (hungarykum.blogspot.com is the other) but I am only doing a theme on this one. MopDog is already kind of themed, it's about weird Hungarian things, no need to theme it further :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for this, looking so forward to the challenge - oh my beehive, what have I lovingly gotten myself into again?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just started a blog and I signed up for the challenge. I found your blog at A to Z and am now following. I have no idea what theme I'll have.. Yet but I will most definitely have a theme.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool!

    I will have to sign up for this.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Biting nails...haven't come up with a theme yet!
    N btw I absolutely loved your theme for last year - was just browsing through some...v.interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aditi: Thank you! I had a lot of fun with the Weird Princesses. And I am already excited about this year!

    ReplyDelete
  22. My theme idea has gelled in this past week, and is taking shape. What a great idea! I'm # 147--People and Places

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just came back here to link up to a post I'm writing and saw that the linky list has disappeared. Is it still happening?

    ReplyDelete
  24. its here its here!

    ReplyDelete