Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for the Rainbow Princess

Marriage equality for princesses? Whaaaat?

Maybe later.

Today's princess is once again brought to you from Hungary.

Given is one queen who has a very special talent: she can change the color of her skin every hour of the day, into seventy-seven different shades. Now, Rainbow Queen has a son (who obviously did not inherit this gift) that she raises alone (!). When he is old enough to marry she only has one small request to make: he is only allowed to marry a princess that can also change her color into all the shades of the rainbow.
(Talk about a hard-to-please mommy in law...)
The prince sets out to find such a princess, and as folktales usually go, he goes through a whole series of ordeals until he manages to find one. He is, among other things, aided by a faithful zombie servant.

That is all I am telling you right now.
*shameless self-promotion*
This story is also included in my book that will be published later this year! Together with 54 other folktales that include supernatural powers such as invisibility, super strength, and eye beams.
Stay tuned for more details!

(Sorry about the image, I couldn't resist...)

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture reminds me of that my little pony character. Wonder what a multicolor ever changing princess would look like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog. Love the name! Wonderful choice of topic for R.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maya .. the thought amuses me - I think I'd love the story!!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd like to be able to do that with my hair! It doesn't even have to be every day... just enough so that I don't have to get all those chemicals, just to take away premature grey. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete