Monday, March 18, 2019

The Great and Powerful A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal!


Today is the day! The day when all the bloggers participating in the A to Z Challenge reveal their planned themes for this year. I have been participating in A to Z since 2012, and I have been doing themes since 2013. They are always "Mythology and Folklore" related (duh). In the past years, my themes have been:

Weird Princesses (2013)
Tales with Colors (2014)
Epics A to Z (2015)
Diversity A to Z (2016)
WTF - Weird Things in Folktales (2017)
WTF Hungary - Weird Things in Hungarian Folktales (2018)

This year, once again, I am doing a folktale-related theme. Drumroll, please! The theme for the 2019 A to Z Challenge on this blog is

FRUIT FOLKTALES!

Folktales, legends, and myths about fruit, from A to Z. I have been thinking about this theme for years, because I love eating fruit, and I am fascinated by all the traditional stories around the world that feature them. And since I already have all my posts locked and loaded, I can tell you that there will be some unexpected contestants on the list! Get ready for redcurrants, persimmons, Indian almonds, and whatever the heck a kundong koong is.
See you in April!

(Don't forget to visit the A to Z Challenge main blog today for the list of all the other Theme Reveals!)

26 comments:

  1. sounds like fun- will be back to read...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an interesting theme. Who knows.. maybe I'll find more books for my library :)

    ~Mary
    Jingle Jangle Jungle
    Literary Gold

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very original theme for the challenge
    Looking forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed several of your themes in the previous A-Zs and this one sounds super creative and unique. Looking forward to reading in April.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting theme and the fact that you've got all your posts locked and loaded???!!! Impressive! Happy A to Z!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fruit Folktales!! What an amazing and interesting theme!! Looking forward to read your fruity stories this April. Cheers!
    Shilpa Garg #AtoZChallenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've met a few fruity folk over the years - looking forward to meeting yours!

    Keith's A-Z Ramblings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! What? This is going to be an epic April, I am sure. Looking forward to reading your fruity tales. Happy A to Z :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds like a really fun theme! You always have really interesting topics.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's one tasty (pardon the pun!) theme. Looking forward to read more of your fantastic tales, Zalka.

    Varad's A to Z theme reveal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you never break from your main theme! Can’t wait to follow along this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this theme! Looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Intrigued how this one will go! Looking forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are one of my regular A-Z blogs to follow. And I love fruit too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fantastic and unusual theme. Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely admire your writing and looking forward to this theme :)
    Stephanie Finnell
    @randallbychance from
    Katy Trail Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such creative thinking on your part. Finding fruit stories seems like a daunting task that you've taken care of. Nice!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...this is so imaginative and looking forward to the folktales. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I also love fruit. I call myself a fruit-aholic. I've never thought about fruit in folktales though.

    Maybe I should: Aesop's fables certainly has plenty, and there are poison apples, or... You got me. I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, what a great theme. In the beginning there was that apple, and fruit folklore has never looked back! I look forward to all the treats you've collected for us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this theme and can't wait to follow along.

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh gosh! fruit! i can't imagine what you'll come up with but i'm sure it'll be great.
    Joy at http://www.thejoyousliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Having discovered your informative blog through A to Z, I'm looking forward to your new theme. Salivating reading?

    ReplyDelete